Friday, April 8, 2011

From Paper to GIMP

A Journalist

This is my workflow when drawing stuff.
  1. I draw them on paper, using a pen.
  2. I scan them as greyscale, and normally 300 dpi.
  3. Then I open them with GIMP, try to use eraser to clean the drawing a bit.
  4. Increase Contrast till all dirts are gone.
  5. Increase Levels to make the lines stronger and solid.
  6. Change image mode to RGB.
  7. Add another layer, with white background, and set it's mode to multiply.
  8. Start colouring on the newly added laters, and add more layers if required.
  9. And that's it.
I never used Photoshop before, however I think the above steps should be almost the same there.

3 comments:

Gabriela said...

I'm pretty sure it's easier than it sounds.
:D

msakr said...

@Tarek

Mash2alah you have some very good ones there.

@Gabriela

It is easy. Excluding step 1, of course. That's just something else.

Tikno. said...

Yes similar steps if using Photoshop